The groups that make up the membership of the WSGMA are comprised of traditional and Southern gospel music quartets and trios that are based in the Western United States ( California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada and Arizona ). The requirements for membership are as follows:
- All individual members of a group applying for WSGMA membership should be committed Christians, following Jesus and possess no lifestyle habits that would embarrass the cause of Christ, their witness or WSGMA.
- Member groups should be an active established ministry, working a minimum of 25 concerts annually, not including their headquarters or home church.
- Member groups must be committed to the WSGMA goal to "expand the acceptance and influence of traditional gospel music throughout the Western United States".
- Member groups must be committed to the tri-fold purpose of the WSGMA:
- To spread the Gospel of Christ through song in a professional, positive way, thereby
encouraging believers and winning converts.
- To provide counsel, encouragement and fellowship among members and their families.
- To support members in times of crisis with collective time, talent and treasure.
The annual dues for WSGMA group membership are $240 for the first five years and $180 thereafter.
Groups requesting WSGMA group membership must submit an application form along with the following materials:
- Performance schedule for the last year
- Performance schedule for the next six months
- 8 x 10 glossy
- CD or Cassette of the group
- Group biography that includes the current members of the group
- Application fee of $250
An application form and further information may be obtained by emailing a request to:
or mailing a request to:
Western States Gospel Music Association
1136 25th Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95822
Click Here to Print This Page